Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Good morning all!!!

Just wanted to write a few lines this morning. I've been thinking of Cody all morning and my heart is kinda heavy. We always miss him. His presence is all around our house. We try hard to keep reminders of him just the way they were when he was here. Some things have to change, there is no getting around it.
I had a dream of Cody last night. It wasn't long or anything that was out of the norm. It was just Cody, and I'll take it.... But this morning while sitting at the bottom of the driveway with Justin waiting for his bus I couldn't stop thinking of Cody. It wasn't the usual thoughts of missing him but it was guilt. For some reason I have this terrible feeling of guilt because of all that Cody had to go through. His whole short life was filled with pain and suffering. Up until his last breath he was fighting pain. It hurts my heart..
The coming days of Christmas are going to be very hard on our whole family, Diane especially.

Please pray for our family to get through this season...



For those of you who haven't heard yet, Shannon McGinn had a very successful 100 mile race. She led the race by 4 or 5 miles until around mile 80 when she started having stomach issues and dropped back. She told me that it was the thought of Cody and Cody's Crew that kept her going. She ended up finishing 2nd. We are very proud of her and thank God that she is representing Cody's Crew.

Thank you Shannon...

6 comments:

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i am sooo praying for you all. i was awakened this morn quite early and really needed to pray...about what i'm not sure. what came to mind was loss and hurt...maybe those prayers were for you all. i will continue to pray. my brother, matthew, has been with jesus for 33 years now...and i still miss him terribly, especially around celebration times. god bless.

MB said...

I understand... praying for your peace.

Monica Cassier said...

Always thinking of you, Diane, and the kids... I can't even begin to fathom your courage and pain. No guilt, Mickey: you did what every parent on the planet would do to save their child. And don't think for a second Cody doesn't understand that. He's up there now saying "Thanks Dad, every minute more I had on Earth was a minute more with you, mom, Justin, and Daniela... See you soon."
Be well... I know there are no words and I ache for you all.
Hugs and love, moon

Anonymous said...

what a coincidence! I had a dream about Cody Tuesday night, too! He's definitely around! Love ya, Corie

Cameron said...

I completely agree with Monica. Well said!!!! (((HUGS)))

elizabethnyc said...

Agreed, Moon put into words exactly what I was going to say. You and Diane did the absolute best you could for Cody, always out of love, and hoping for a cure for him.

Thinking of you all, this holiday week and every week, and sending hugs.

Elizabeth