Wednesday, April 30, 2008

4 runs in 7 days....

Well folks I'm back on the horse again. I ran a couple of days last week and ran twice this week so far. It's getting easier each day. Any runner will tell you that the first couple of weeks or running are the worst. At least it's that way for me. Once the lungs get the idea that you are not trying to kill yourself they settle down. I've missed running. I've missed the way it made me feel about myself. Hopefully I can stick with it. It really takes dedication. There is a great commercial out now. I think it is from Nike. It says, "running knows when you sleep in." Etc..... Running knows....

Cody is still doing pretty good. I will take him to clinic tomorrow after he gets his radiation treatments. They will check his blood and I would not be surprised if he needs blood or platelets or both.

How about those Pittsburgh Penguins!!!!! They are rolling for sure... Some of you may know that I am a Pittsburgh boy all the way... Go Pens!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well lets see,you have been able to
get some running in and the Pitts.
Penguins have been doing their
thing to help keep your spirits
high and we will all be praying for
good news every day for our big
guy. That would certainly be a
GREAT BIRTHDAY present for you son.
I'll be checking in again in PM.
LOVE TO ALL,
MOM

Kentucky USATF said...

Good for you getting in some running- it's a great stress buster and my favorite prayer time. How is Cody's appetite?

Hugs to all of you!


Dottie

Anonymous said...

Mickey, it's great to hear a positive tone in your post today. Glad you're able to fit in a run here and there - good for the mind and body. and I'm even more glad that Cody is doing well with this round of treatments! :-D

Congrats on your fundraising!

prayers continue,
ElizabethNYC

Grandpa John said...

The Pittsburgh Penguins? And here all along I thought you were cheering for the Red Wings...

all kidding aside nice to see you running again...It a good thing.

Prayers for Cody and of course tha family.

Gj..a Wing Nut kindda guy...

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got a few runs in. I know you have been wanting to do that. Glad to hear that Cody is doing ok through this latest round of treatment. Continuing to pray for him and ya'll.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

I have been glad to see you back on RWOL. I hope life continues to allow you that time for yourself.

Blessings,

Kirk

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are running again. I know time has been at a premium. Running keeps me sane. Hope it helps you relieve stress.
Sounds like Cody is doing ok with the radiation. Hope he's able to eat. Positive thoughts and prayers continue. G2G