Friday, October 19, 2007

What a difference a day makes....

Man, yesterday morning's run was cool and crisp. My legs felt great. This morning, a totally different story! I stepped outside and it felt warm. I could smell rain in the air. We are suppose to get some much needed rain today and tonight. It only took a 1/2 mile before I realized the humidity was very high. My breathing was labored and legs just didn't seem to have the energy they had yesterday. Into mile 3 and I was fighting the urge to head back to the house. But at this point in my training I must stay focused on my goal. I toughed it out and finished my 10. It felt like I had just done 20. You know, it's funny how your mind seems to adapt to the distance you run. If you are running 5, it seems like that is all you can force yourself to do. If you are doing 10 it seems like you can't take another step. If you are doing 20,,,, well, that never seems all that easy to me. :D It is all in your mind.

29 days and counting...

No comments: