Thursday, October 4, 2007

Wow, I'm such a slacker!!!!

I've been very busy as of late with work, the kids homework, running in the early morning hours and the weekends are used for social events and work around the yard.

Last week I started ramping up the miles and did my first 20 of this training session. I put in 46 miles last week that included my 2o. I did it pretty fast at a 8:25 pace and finished in 2:48:32. This is really too fast for a long training run. Long runs should be 1-1.3 minutes per mile slower than your marathon pace. It felt great until the last 2 miles. That is a pretty good sign that I ran too fast...

Well I put in a 1o this morning and I will do 10 more tomorrow. Then I'll take an SRD before the Army 1o Miler on Sunday. I will race this one pretty hard because it's my last race before Philly next month.

We may be heading up to Shenandoah this weekend to let the kids play and the dog experience the river for the first time.. It all hinges on Cody and weather he is healthy enough to go. He's got a little bit of a cold so I don't know if Diane is going to want him to go.

No comments: