Friday, November 23, 2007

I am home for my shift with the other two...

One of the very hard parts of all this is not to forget about Cody's siblings. It is so very easy to forget about them in the hustle and daily trauma that hospital life brings. We are trying very hard to keep them well informed. Diane brought them to the hospital today. They arrived about the time Cody got out of surgery. He was so happy to see them and they him. They worry so much about Cody. I may try to take them to a movie tomorrow.. :D

Well here is the latest. It has been confirmed that the cancer is back in his liver. That is really no surprise at this point. The preliminary results of the bone marrow test is negative. Diane signed papers this evening for permission to start chemo in the morning. The chemo will run off and on until the 27th. Then he will stay at least 24 more hours. After that, he will come home and we will watch his blood counts. After a couple of chemo treatments we hope there is an effect on the cancer. If so we will be making trips between New York and Georgetown. This is the beginning of a very long journey that I am more than willing to make. I just hope it is easier on Cody this time.

While praying for Cody please mention my wife also. She has a very hard time with this and she needs the strength.
I also want to mention my Aunt June. She is in failing health and may not make it much longer. She has always loved me even when I wasn't so lovable.. :D

Bless you all...

8 comments:

elizabethnyc said...

Mickey, I'm so sorry to hear this latest news! More prayers heading your way - for strength and comfort and healing.

The Peds docs at MSKCC are an *amazing* group of people, I'm glad to hear they're involved w/ Cody's treatment!

Anonymous said...

Mickey, just read the latest. I will continue to pray for all of you. You have my cell phone # if you need *ANYTHING*

Kirk

Monica Cassier said...

Mick,

I check your blog a couple times a day, and have kept Cody in my prayers. I also pray for your other children, and for you AND Dianne to stay strong. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is on you both. Please hug Dianne for me..

Like Kirk, you have my #.

monica

Betsy said...

Your whole family is in my prayers and the prayers of my relatives. I shared Cody's video and your blog with many of them. We have a large family so the prayers to help you all stay strong are rushing in! Special prayers to Cody and Dianne.

Anonymous said...

Mick, Remembering Cody,you, your wife, and the rest of your family in prayer today. Ann

Anonymous said...

Mick,

Terrible news, but as you know better than most it could be worse. My family is keeping yours in our prayers. Cody is a strong young man and I'm certain is facing this latest challenge with all of the grace and courage he has shown through his life. He's a fighter--and so you all must be as well.

Special thoughts and prayers to you and DW.

If there is anything I can do, please PM through the RW forum site (or have Kirk do it).

Greg (aka FalconFixer)

GB said...

All of you are being prayed for by many people. Hugs and love sent your way.

Unknown said...

It *is* hard to keep up with everything going on, all your children, your wife, everything.
I'll be thinking of you, and am curious, does Cody have a Chemo-Angel? If not, check it out at www.chemoangels.com
The people there are very good at remembering siblings and helping to relieve some stress...
He's a trooper, but that sure doesn't make it easier does it?