Sunday, November 9, 2008

Some good pictures...

Here are a few pictures from Justin's camping trip yesterday. We had a great time even if the fish were not biting.


Here is our tent. It was a beautiful cool night last night. Justin and I woke up to the sound of coyotes howling last night. He asked me if they ate people. I told him "only the little ones." LOL



This is Lake Lagun which is located on Quantico Marine Base.



It's a beautiful lake but we didn't see many fish.



The sky was simple spectacular...



There is not a much prettier time of year than fall in Virginia.


Those boys love to eat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pic's and this all gave
you something different to think& talk about for awhile.You always
did like to do stuff like that and I'm sure it made Justin happy.
Were there many other dad's there? Now I guess it's time to get set
for the Steelers,I know I am.
LOVE YOU ALL,MOM

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great camping outing! I had a seminar in Virginia and the weather was great last week, so I agree, the trees were gorgeous!!
Cody is angry as only a child can be. He has no way of understanding why all this pain and testing is happening to him. We as parents are the source of all things bad and good to them at that age. My heart breaks for all of you. I'm sure he thinks we as parents should be able to control the process.
You and Diane are amazing examples of dealing with the frustration and fear of childhood disease. You both show incredible strength. You are allowed to react as a normal parent to outbursts. On some level, I'm guessing that even at 4 Cody respects that. Probably makes him feel more like any other kid.
Prayers and positive thoughts continue. He's a heck of a fighter!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! It was a great night on Saturday and a wonderful morning Sunday. I hope he had a good time.

Sorry about the Steelers!

Susan and Jonathan

elizabethnyc said...

Mickey, looks like you and Justin had a fun weekend together - so nice to hear that and see those pix!

I hope things are getting settled down for Cody now that you're home again? I need to catch up on your posts - I was gone for the marathon and then to New Orleans with my sis.