Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Lancaster and Hershey Park



We just got back from our trip to Hershey Park and Amish country. It rained the entire time we were there but we did get 5 hours in the park and the kids had a pretty good time. Here are a few pictures from the trip.







Here are a few pictures of the kids at the family driving range. If you ever visit Manassas drop in to Sunny Brook Driving Range and say hello. The first picture is of what's left of the family barn. This barn was built in the early 1900s. It is listed as a Historical Sites in VA.














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deck,

You are quite the character! Thanks for starting that thread in RW on my behalf - you have no idea how much that lifted my spirits! I was sharing that with my wife and she was also touched.

The pics from your trip are awesome, as are the others here! That pic of you and wolfman you are using as your avatar makes it near impossible to take anything you post seriously - I chuckle every time I see it! The video of your son Cody was very touching. The survivor video was hilarious. By the way, what was that object you picked up off of the pavement?

If you are ever back in my neck of the woods (South Orange County, CA.) drop a dime on me and I would be happy to buy you a beer or go for a run!

See you on the forum - and good luck with your marathon! Thanks for sharing your blog!

Bill (Rocket63 from RW forum)

GB said...

I would love to see Amish country. It's on my long list of things to do!

Deck Ape said...

Thanks GB...

Bill,
that was a squirrel on the road. Unlike most shows I cannot claim that no animals were hurt in the making of my film. :D Before Cody got sick I use to have many bird feeders in my back yard. The squirrels use to knock them down a break them to get the seed. So, I would use a pellet gun to thin the herd a little. The day before we shot that footage I shot one and put it in the freezer for later. I know, I'm such a red neck.. :D