Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So far so good....

Diane took Cody in today for his bone scan. She said that it turned out well. His blood numbers are starting to get better after being off of the antibiotic for a few days. I have to take him in tomorrow by 8:30 am for his MIBG and MRI. Then Cody and I fly out on Thursday morning for NY. He will have his bone marrow Friday morning. We are not staying the weekend as previously thought. We will come home Friday and wait for the results of all the tests. If everything comes back clean of active cancer he will begin the antibody treatments the week of April 21st. Can you see how this drives me crazy? Just when you think you know what is going on, it all changes...

First off, I don't want any of you to stop visiting my blog. It is my way to communicate with many people who care about Cody and the end of neuroblastoma. I know that it seems like I am always asking for money but the truth is, I only have two pet charities. My first is Cody's Crew and BOP. The second is "Relay for Life" which is gearing up right now. Last year many of you remember that I ran a one man marathon at the Relay to raise money. In two weeks time I was the high fund raiser for my company. I want to top that this year with an early start. Here is a picture of yours truly that was in the local news paper.



This year, unfortunately I'm in no shape to run a marathon but that won't stop me from running part of it. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated, but please don't feel obligated. Here is a link to my Relay for Life page.

I also have a great idea that I will reveal in a few days. It is something very special and I think it will be a hit.

I will let you all know what the results of tomorrow's test as soon as we hear.

Thanks for praying and keeping Cody in your thoughts...

6 comments:

Monica Cassier said...

Done. When's your race? Maybe I'll come up and run a few miles with you :-)
moon

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come and run a few with you. I guess I'll just have to send money.. :D. It may take me a week or two to get it together.

Kirk

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Go for it :-)

Kate

elizabethnyc said...

Glad to hear Cody's numbers are looking better! Hope things go well today too, Mickey...

Good luck with Relay For Life. Made my contribution, sure wish it could have been more!

Anonymous said...

Great Mickey glad to hear that his numbers are up....hope that everything goes well today. Praying for ya'll!

Susan and Jonathan

Unknown said...

have a great time in NY and will be praying for good results! see you soon Cody!!!! =)