Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Big BOP Yard sale!!!!!

For those of you who live in the Manassas or Northern Virginia area we are in need of your stuff!! Anything that you would want to donate to a yard sale that all proceeds are going to BOP.

My good friend Trish has volunteered her time while another good friend Lynn has offered her yard for the sale. The date of the sale is October 4th. Trish has asked that I pass her email address along so anyone that wants to donate something or help can contact her. You can reach her at (plang1@comcast.net) and she can give the address of the sale. I'd rather not post that to the world. I'd like to thank Trish and Lynn for all of their help. It is really appriciated.

My daughter Corie was talking about a bake sale at Bethesda Naval Hospital. She lives in Manassas also but I'm sure she would take donations from Maryland or Virginia. When she gives me more info I will pass it on.

I'd like to put out a special thanks to all of you. There is much for everyone to worry about right now and the fact that you all take the time to check in and pray for Cody and other children like him really means alot. Bless you all.

Oh, I almost forgot... Cody has been in school this week and is doing very well. He seems to settling in just fine. His hair is just starting to come back. There is a little peach fuzz growing in. :)

6 comments:

Monica Cassier said...

I'd be happy to make a monetary donation to your efforts... let me know where to send...

monica

Anonymous said...

I'm submitting my request for the bake sale today (who knew there'd be so much red tape just to sell freaking brownies?), but I highly doubt it will get denied. I'm requesting two dates, the 24th and the 31st of October. I will let you know when it's approved. Anyone interested in donating baked goods, please email me at corie.mboh@med.navy.mil. Thanks guys!

Corie

Kentucky USATF said...

Yay for school and peach fuzz hair.


Dottie

Anonymous said...

I'm very glad to hear about Cody and school and peach fuzz. That is awesome! I know this is a silly question, giving you have sooo much time on your hands :o), have you given any more thought to your christmas cards? I am just very thankful to hear that things are going well this week and look forward to reading more great news.
BigSis

Anonymous said...

Glad to know he's got peach fuzz! That will keep his head warm as it gets cooler.

Susan and Jonathan

Angie Yeh said...

During music class today, Cody was all snuggled up next to me while we were doing music activities on the floor. I've never gotten so many hugs in one class! Worried that he might not feel well, I asked him if he felt ok...and he looks at me like I have 3 heads and says, "I'm just hugging you". It was so sweet! I'll take Cody hugs all day long :)

I will be donating to the yard sale and stopping by to spend my money.

Take care!

Angela Yeh (Cody's music teacher)