Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A pretty good couple of days..

Well things are starting to settle down again after getting home on Saturday. The kids were just about down from their candy high from Easter when my oldest daughter Corie brought them a bunch of candy last night. I think I ate most of it... Urrrr.....
Cody is healing nicely from his surgery. I don't know if I mentioned it before but they didn't use stitches on the outside of his body to close the skin. They used glue to close it and didn't even have a dressing on it. His hair is starting to grow back now and his head is like a big peach. I can't help but rub it every time I walk by him. Diane will be taking him into clinic today for a checkup. We have 3 more weeks off before we move on. I'm real sure what the next step is but I will keep you all posted.

Thank you all for the prayers.... Please keep it up....

A note to our Australian friend, "Please drop me an email and say hello." I've noticed that you check in regularly and I'm just curious. mickdee66@comcast.net

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that he is healing nicely. Hoping that today is a good day for Diane and Cody. Praying for a continued quick recovery.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he is doing well and regrowing his hair. Now, get out of the candy, put your running shoes on and get moving :D

Kirk

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Cody's recovery is going well. Just wanted to publicly say hi and give you a name behind the location. I'm Mickey D from RW beginners forum. My family has been checking in from LaPorte IN regularly and keeping Cody and your family in our prayers. Give him a peach fuzz rub and hug from us in Indiana. :) We will definitely continue the prayers.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear things are progressing for Cody. He's such a cutie!!!

Hope things go well with next doctor appt.

Shirley

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo glad that the kids got to have the sugar high rather than Mackenzie.....lol. Did Abby get any candy or did you eat it all?

Corie

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Cody is home:) Continued prayers for his healing. If you are like me and rely so heavily on faith to see you through all of this, Easter is such a special celebration of thanks!

God Bless
Bruce

Anonymous said...

Great report on candy highs and good healing !!! I'm with Kirk--put on those running shoes !!
Emailing my order to you !!
Positive thoughts and prayers continue! G2G

Kentucky USATF said...

Good to read that Cody is healing so quickly.

Continued prayers that today's appointment goes well.


Dottie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Cody is healing so well. You have been on our hearts and minds (and in our prayers) almost constantly!

Misty Keener and family
Moms in Touch
Bennett Elementary

Anonymous said...

Mickey I got the "Cody's Crew" bracelets yesterday and the kids have already passed out a bunch to their friends. It is great to hear that Cody is doing so well and even better to hear that you all have 3 weeks of relative normal life ahead, enjoy! My family and i are praying for continued good news so tell Cody to keep up the good work, that boy of yours is amazing!

Dan

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!! (Not about the weight you're gonna gain from the candy but about Cody ;-))

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!!!

Kate

Anonymous said...

Glad things are moving along on an even keel for a little while, Mickey. Probably gives you a chance to catch your breath and enjoy some family time. :-)

Prayers continue!
ElizabethNYC