Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday morning already.....

So it’s Saturday morning and the kids and I are the only ones up. We will be packing and getting stuff together as soon as Diane and Cody get up. We will be checking out around 1:30 and hope to get on the road by 2. We have to return the car to an off site car rental and take the shuttle bus to the airport. We will be taking a detour before we get home though. We will be dropping Cody and Diane at Georgetown. Dr. Abu-Gosh has a list of things that need to be done including IV hydration, new feeding tube, check blood and X-rays to check the growth of the beast. We’ve noticed that Cody’s breathing has become more labored now. He is breathing faster with more shallow breaths. I hope he doesn’t have to stay in the hospital too long.

At times this week seemed to go very slow and now that it’s almost over it seems to have gone by too quickly. Cody had a good morning yesterday and wanted to go to the game room. He played a game that has a light that goes round and round. You must hit the button at just the right time to have it stop on the red prize light. I think he played it about 100 times and won 6 times. It was the only thing he really wanted to do. He has enjoyed playing Webkinz with Chris this week. He just can’t do things that are physical anymore. His legs hurt him too much.

Once I get home and I can collect my thoughts I have a list of people to thank for this trip. It really has been a God send.

Thanks for reading…

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I's your, MOM, seems like you and the family are the last thoughts
on my mind when I go to sleep and
the first on my mind when I open my
eyes.I know you will be glad to get home and I also hope his stay in the hospital is not long.Have a
safe trip home and I'll be waiting
to hear that you are back.I'm still praying for some good news.
LOVE YOU ALL & GOD BLESS...
MOM

The Murrant-Johnson's said...

Mickey,

I hope you guys a safe flight home and Cody doesn't have to stay in the hospital to long.

Love and prayers your way.

By the way, tell Chris thanks for being there for you guys. He must be so much help and a great best bud for Cody.

Wish I could do more, So I'll keep praying.

Love, your little Bro,
Alan

Monica Cassier said...

Wishing you a swift and easy journey home...

Unknown said...

Praying for an uneventful trip home and a quick and painless stop at the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Mickey, Prayers for a safe trip back home! This week was a blessing for you all and I am so glad that you all had this time together.
Contiuned prayers for Cody and family and hoping for just a short hospital visit.
God Bless,
Bruce

Gettin Older said...

Prayers for a safe uneventful trip. strength and grace

noahandlylasmommi said...

I am praying for your family. Wish there was more I could say or do.

megan said...

I pray for safe travels..Blessings

Anonymous said...

Mickey, Though this trip may not have been exactly as you expected, I am glad that you were able to make some memories. Hoping that the flight home is uneventful.

Susan and Jonathan

Mazzy Blue Studios said...

Wishing you safe travels home...

elizabethnyc said...

Mickey and family,
I'm wishing you a smooth and safe trip home, and a quick trip to Georgetown for Cody. I imagine you'll have a bit more comfort knowing it's Cody's docs helping him out.
Prayers continue as always,
ElizabethNYC

Anonymous said...

Hope you all arrived home safely. If you need anything dont hestiate to call. John got off to day as well. He should land at 8:40am tomorrow. Keeping faith in WV

Love,
Cheryl

Melis said...

Your writing at this time is similar to what we went through with Max: him not being the "same" kid he was before. We found that Max's moodiness (for lack of a better description) was pain related. When we finally were able to get his pain meds up to par with his pain level, our boy returned a little bit... and it was wonderful.

Faith said...

Have a safe trip home! You and your family will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

It's such a blessing to know that Georgetown is waiting to aid Cody in his health and comfort as soon as you get home.
You are probably there by now and I'll trust that the flight was smooth and you will all have memories of a week at the beach and also be happy to be home. You are ever in my thoughts and prayers. G2G

Kentucky USATF said...

I hope the trip home was easy and that Cody's time at the hospital is short so he can be home with all of you.



Dottie