Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thank you all !!!!

I would like to take this time to thank all of you for your outpouring of love and support. The letters and suggestions that you have written on Cody's behalf have me speechless. That is really saying something... Moon, Mary and Norine your letters have touched our hearts and we can't thank you enough. Once again we have had neighbors, family, friends, teachers and even strangers help with dinners, and with Justin and Daniela. We thank you all. My family and I don't know where this journey is going to take us but I do know one thing, we are very blessed to have such family and friends in our lives. I would again like to mention that Diane and I are very blessed that we work for such compassionate companies that have been so understanding and supportive through these years. Without them our world would definitely come crashing down. They allow us to have some sort of normalcy in our lives while dealing with this terrible situation.

Just to let you all know where we stand with the whole Cyber Knife issue right now. I know that so many of you have sent letters and emails to Senator Colgan. We also had a letter drafted and hand delivered to Mr. Colgan yesterday. Diane's cousin was able to hand deliver the letter on Saturday. Mr. Colgan told them that he meets with the Commissioner of Insurance on Monday. How lucky was that timing? It remains to be seen how this will all play out but it is our best shot.

On Thursday Cody’s liver enzymes were still climbing. A few are related to the chemo he had received and a few are still a mystery. The Doctors are becoming very concerned that the liver has not turned around by now. One of his clotting factors was also on the rise which had been normal until now. We will have new blood work drawn on Tuesday as well as another ultra sound on his liver.

10 comments:

Cameron said...

Thank you so much for your sweet "Thank You" blog. But, it is not necessary because we know how appreciative you are and we would all do it for you, your family, and that little man ANYDAY. I do not know you personally but I feel like I have known you for years and years! I believe God brings people together for a reason. I will continue to do whatever it takes to get someone to listen to you and help Cody. I had tears in my eyes when I read that the Senator has a meeting on Monday. God, I will say some enormous prayers that they get the procedure approved. If not, just give us the address of your insurance company and they will see lots of people outside their doors. I am sorry to hear his labs are still not good. I was hoping his liver function tests would get better. PLEASE PLEASE keep us posted and do NOT hesitate to ask for ANYTHING. You never know when a group of people come together, what can be accomplished. Hang in there and know we are all praying for all of you. Give that Steeler fan a big hug and get one in return from me.

Gettin Older said...

Cameron said it well. We are here for you and will support you and Cody in any way that we can.

Continuing to pray for insurance and liver function.

Blessings,

Kirk

Sam said...

Continued prayers for insurance, liver funcion and strength for you and Diane.

Hugs,
Sam

Pam @ Frippery said...

Praying for a turn around in all the lab outcomes as well as the insurance issue. Take care, Pam

Anonymous said...

Cody, I'm getting ready to go to sleep but am checking in on you first. I'll say a little prayer for you before I shut my eyes.
You're a strong little boy and you are teaching the world what a fighter can do - you are changing lives!!!!

Sleep well - lots of hugs, Cody!

Love, Pat (ACCA-NCC)

Cap'n Ron said...

Hey Mickey!

Just checkin' in with some 'West Coast' ove for you and your family. I sure hope you guys get a break and are able to report some good news for us soon. All I can say is keep fightin' the good battle and know that we are all here for you brother. God bless and may tomorrow be a better day!

Take care of yourself buddy!

Ron

trash talk said...

I am praying for God to cover y'all in His strength and love and for Cody's lab work to come back with good news. I'm also praying that the senator will stand good on his word and make an appeal on y'alls behalf. Blessings Debbie

Anonymous said...

Mickey, I wish that there was more that I could do. The one thing that I know that I can do and that will help is continue to Pray.
I will pray for healing, strength and a resolution to this insurance issue.
God Bless,
Bruce

Kentucky USATF said...

I love the new picture....

Still praying and hoping the Senator has good results from the meeting today.

Dottie

TiredMamaRunning said...

I have to think that that was not coincidence that the Senator has that meeting today. And like the others said, our family just wants to do whatever we can for yours, even though from way over here it's mostly prayers and good thoughts.