Thursday, June 12, 2008

Great news from a very long day....

Well, we had to be at the hospital at 8am for his MIBG today. We got there 30 minutes early so we got started early. There were two parts to the scan. One took 20 minutes and the other took 45. Cody did a fantastic job. He laid very still on both and actually fell asleep on the second. In fact, after he was finished with the second one I carried him down to the clinic for blood work and he slept until 11:30. After giving blood we talked to the doctor and she said that the bone scan from Tuesday came back good. The MIBG today had an area around the kidneys that was suspect so Dr. Abu-Gosh wanted Cody to have another scan this afternoon. So we stayed and he had a different scan to look at the kidney area. We didn't leave the hospital until 4pm. I called Diane on the way home and she said that she just got off the phone with the doctor and the scan came back great.... Ya!!!!!!!!!!

So now he goes back on Tuesday for blood work and then on Thursday for his port... Double Ya!!!!!

He was such a good boy today. He didn't complain one bit.

10 comments:

elizabethnyc said...

Mickey, so glad to hear this news. More steps forward... :-)

Prayers continue!
ElizabethNYC

Anonymous said...

You probably were wondering what
happened to me, not making any comments lately but the computer
or should I say COMCAST took a fit
and I couldn't get the thing to work.ANYHOW, I love allthe pic's you have been sending. Daniela sure
looed like she was having a lot of
fun on the water with her friends.
You guys sure are lucky the trees missed the house and lucky you now
are well prepared for when the eletric goes off. All the news about CODY makes me feel so good and I know you are so proud of him being such a big guy. There are adults that I'm sure can't do as well as some of those kids. Oh!
before I forget, that was great seeing the kids at their prom. I know you and Diane have seen much that happen with kids that I just
wouldn't be able to handle. Hope everything goes well and he'll soon get the port.GOD bless Cody.. I'll be checking as usual.
LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH.
MOM

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the good news. We are still praying for all of you.

Kentucky USATF said...

YAY! Great news, Mickey!


Dottie

Monica Cassier said...

This is SUCH GREAT NEWS MICK!!!

I've still been checking in every day to see how cody is doing! Sounds like he's well on his way to recovery!!!! This is great great great!!!

monica

Anonymous said...

Great news about the scan, especially the follow up scan on the kidney. Cody will love having the port especially with the summer heat upon us.
I am going to a Luis Palau Christian festival tonight here in Myrtle Beach, I will be sure to get Cody and Megan on their prayer list!
Bruce

Anonymous said...

Made my day! Good news is good for all of us!!
I am very happy to hear this news Mickey - now, seems from the pics you've got a lot of firewood to cut up - better stay on top of it.
mark

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so excited for ya'll. Cody is awesome! He has keep fighting and fighting and it will pay off. Still praying!

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!

That is great news! Hope you have a great Father's Day!
Love, BigSis

Anonymous said...

What a great Father's Day present! That's awesome news. Cody is such a tough guy. We are all praying that Cody will beat this thing for good. Its so sad to see the little ones who have fought so bravely and still not made it- like Marissa Monroe who died this morning-only 3 years old -diagnosed 18 months ago.

So everyone out there-keep praying for Cody, for Marissa's family, hug your kids today, and support bop, and Mickey-have a terrific Father's Day!

Jim-ACCA