Monday, June 30, 2008

Finished on Saturday...

Cody finished his last round of chemo on Saturday. We went in together and he knocked it out without any problems. He now has 5 more days of the anti-fungal to take. He is taking the pill in the morning and the 2 hour infusion at night. He is getting his GCSF during the day that will help his system recover again. He is also getting a anti-diarrhea med that he has to take because of one of the chemo drugs.

His new surgery date to get his port installed is July 7th. Let's cross our fingers that we have nothing come up to stop it this time. I have all three kids today. I'm going to try and get some pictures at some point. I'll post them if I get some good ones.

More later...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well for Cody. That's a cute pic by the pond.

We'll continue to lift him and the family in prayer.

Shirley

Anonymous said...

Prayers that all goes well until the 7th. Have a fun holiday!
karen

Kentucky USATF said...

Progress! Have fun with the kids-


Dottie

Gettin Older said...

That all sounds encouraging. Thanks for the PM. Have fun with the kids.

elizabethnyc said...

So glad to hear this cycle has gone smoothly so far! Still praying for you all, and fingers crossed that the port happens on the 7th as planned!

ElizabethNYC

Anonymous said...

I dont know how to pray, but my heart is with you.

Kisses,


Marco

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going ok. We'll keep praying for ya'll.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's a while since I've dropped in to check on you guys and I was upset to read about the insurance company having so much power in Cody's treatment. So I want to share some information with you. As I mentioned last time I wrote to you, I am doing an internship at NIH this summer. During my time there I have become awear that the NIH has nearly 250 research protocols for neuroblastoma. The reason I mention this is that the patients being treated at the hospital at NIH (known as "The Clinical Center") are treated free of charge. I dont know if this information will be helpful to your family but I know you are in touch with the NB community and I thought that perhaps you may come in contact with some one who might benifit from it. If you go to www.clinicaltrials.gov and search under diagnosis then cancer, you will find NB on the list.

In my experience most people don't even know NIH has a hospital- I didn't until I met some one who has worked there. I would just like you and the NB community to know that this resource exits.

Best of wishes to yourself, Cody and the family.
Jennifer