Sunday, February 17, 2008

A pretty good day...

We just hung out at the house today. I got out for a 5 mile run this morning which felt pretty good. I've been in touch with some of my New York Running friends. I've been trying to set up a weekend run in Central Park. So it seems I've done it one better. There is a 4 mile race there on Saturday that one of running friends mentioned. I'm all signed up.. :D

We will have a pretty busy couple of days before we leave. Cody goes to clinic on Tuesday. Just goes to the doctor the same day. We have many things to plan before we leave. We are lucky though. We have a tremendous amount of help from family and friends. That's my motto, "he who dies with the most friends wins." Even with all my short comings I still have people who talk to me... LOL

Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had such a good weekend. It is nice to know that the simple things can still be enjoyed. Praying things go well when you're up in NY.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Hi Mickey,

We spoke on the phone a few weeks ago and Diane and I talked for a long time at Georgetown during the holidays. Glad to see that you all are getting geared up for the trip to NYC. There is so much to do up there and so many activities for the kids, I know Cody will have a good time, in spite of the medical stuff.

I noticed you are a runner and wanted to let you know about Fred's Team which runs the NYC marathon to raise money for peds cancer (mostly 3F8) at MSKCC. Ask around about it when you're at the hospital, you will find several of the docs run every year, including Drs. Kushner and Kramer.

Best wishes with the trip. We'll be checking in to see how things are going.

Jen, Carolyn & Evan
http://www.caringbridge.org/va/carolyncoveney

elizabethnyc said...

Mickey and Diane, sounds like you had a peaceful, relaxed family weekend. That's wonderful!

So glad you're making the trip to MSKCC - I'm a huge fan as you know. I used to work there (on the Fred's Team program that Jen mentions in the previous comment), and have run w/ Fred's Team for my 5 marathons. I'll be running NYC with them this year, and will be directing my fundraising this year to neuroblastoma in honor of Cody if that's ok with you.

Sorry I won't be in the city while you're there, hope everything goes well and that you all have some time to enjoy all NYC has to offer!
Elizabeth