Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Another good night.

Cody slept well and seemed to get plenty of rest. When I relieved my wife yesterday I asked that he have his IV unhooked for awhile. We put a mask on him and headed down to the gift shop. He picked out a light up eyeball, ring pop and a bottle of orange soda. We rode around in the wagon a little while and played some basketball in the hallway. After getting back to his room I had to work at getting him to eat 1/2 a hot dog.

His neutophils were up to 8 yesterday. They have 0 since his chemo. They have to get up to 100 before he will be aloud to leave. I'm lobbying hard so he won't have to start his next session until after Xmas. The doctor says that should be OK.

He continues to look and act better everyday. One of the hardest things about this whole process is having to bring him in for the next session. When you see him recover from this very hard chemo you almost don't want him to go back through it again. I know it's for the best but sometimes that is still hard to put him through it. I'll post his neutrophil numbers as soon as I get them..

God Bless!

1 comment:

Gettin Older said...

"One of the hardest things about this whole process is having to bring him in for the next session. When you see him recover from this very hard chemo you almost don't want him to go back through it again. I know it's for the best but sometimes that is still hard to put him through it."

I know it is tough, but you are two of the toughest guys I've never met. You'll be able to get through it together.

Kirk