Saturday, December 29, 2007

Good evening and rough night....

With Daniela on antibiotics for 24 hours I brought the kids in with me to see Cody. He was actually in a pretty good mood. We played games and ate some dinner that a parent of one of the past patients brought in. I can see Diane and me doing something like this but we have to find our niche. One lady who's son was a patient is painting a beautiful undersea mural on the walls in the hallway. She is doing a marvelous job. Diane and the kids ended up staying until 8:45 or so. That's the latest the off shift parent has ever stayed but because the kids are out of school and Cody was in such good spirits we just wanted to give them time together.

Cody's fever that brought him here is still hanging on. Each time he comes in with a fever they run him through a full gamete of antibiotics until one works. Right now as long as the fever is not too high and he sleeps or is not uncomfortable they don't give Tylenol. They want the fever to fight whatever it is as much as possible. So actually with the fever Cody still sleeps pretty comfortable despite being awaken every 4 hours for vitals and getting up to pee 3 times. He also has diarrhea which got him up 2 times. He doesn't complain though. I think it all catches up with him during the daylight hours. It's 9:30 am and he is still sleeping. I have no plans on waking him before he wants to get up on his own.

Once again I would like to thank all of you loyal readers. We know that there are so many people out there pulling and praying for our little boy. It truly warms our hearts. Diane enjoys seeing the posts from you regulars especially. Kirk, Liz, Moon, G2G, Dottie, Susan, Gregory, Kati, my brother Shawn and MySol. If I have left your name out please forgive me. I know that there are many of you out there that read regularly but choose not to post and that is OK. Thanks to all the my wonderful co-workers and their families who have been helping with food and the studies of Justin and Daniela. This battle would be twice as hard without you all. Thanks to Justin's scout troop who took the time to come out before Christmas and hang lights. We love them and I don't think I would have had the time to put them up this year. Thanks to Karen, Mary Jane, Chris, Matt, Chuck, John and Gene for helping us again. You guys are the greatest. I know at times I'm not the best in-law and I don't always act like I appreciate what you do but "I DO." With my family living so far away it makes it hard for them. I know they would like to be here but the miles don't permit it. My family and I are truly blessed to have all of you in our lives..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the kids got to see Cody again. I know how much it means for everyone to stay close. Give Cody a huge hug and tell him to give you one for us too. I you need anything we are just a phone call away.
As always you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mickey. I just caught up on the last few days. Why don't they put internet hot spots out in the woods? We are still here and pulling for y'all. With all the kids I was in camp with the last few days, I could not help but think about you and Cody. Y'all take care.

Kirk

pwoodyj said...

Hey Bro,
We hope you guys are home soon. I know that we live far away but let us know if there is anyway that we can help! Prayers are always on the way and your constantly in our hearts and thoughts. Love Ya.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all the kids had a good evening together. I know you cherish those times. I'm also glad Cody is getting rested. It's so warm and sunny here I wish I could send some rays your way !! Just be reminded I am here as your hostess when you all need a beach break !! Positive thoughts and prayers continue. G2G