Saturday, December 8, 2007

Great day...

Cody had one of the best days in many weeks. He played pretty good with his siblings during the change of duty between my wife and me. After they left to go home I waited for Cody to finish up his meds that were being administered. I then got him dressed and loaded him in the wagon for a bit of fresh air. We took a walk over to the soccer field. We took 4 or 5 laps around the field before he started to fall asleep.
We came back to the room and then played Battleship and then his Carnival game. He also ate pretty well for me. I brought him in a cheeseburger and fries. He ate most of the burger and a few fries. We then played some catch with a ball in his bed. The last few nights he's been taking a nap between 4 to 6 and then staying up until 12 a.m. Today he just fell asleep around 9:45.
He received both blood and platelets today. I think that gave him some added energy. We hope his blood numbers start coming back on their own soon.
I got up early this morning and took Justin and Daniela to Fantasy Flight. It is a party that is put on by United Airlines at Dulles Airport. They give young children with all kind of health issues a party at the North Pole. We start out getting on a 747. They ask the children to keep their windows closed because the route to the North Pole is Top Secret. :D Then the plane taxis down the runway and docks at a terminal that is near the end of the airport. This terminal is decked out like the North Pole. We've attended this for 4 years. Unfortunately Cody has only gone once. He has been sick the other times. They give gifts to the children and have a great spread of food. The kids love it. Kudos to United and their employee's who donate their time and money. I know that the fuel used to taxi down the runway probably isn't cheap.
Diane is going to relieve me a little early tomorrow. I want to go to a friend's house to watch my Steelers hopefully destroy the Patriots. :D

4 comments:

Gettin Older said...

I love reading about good days. I pray that they continue.

Kirk

Anonymous said...

Deck, I'm so glad you all had a good day today - you, Diane, Cody, Justin and Daniela! Did Cody beat you at Battleship? :-) Prayers for many more great days heading your way...

Anonymous said...

Also glad to hear Cody felt better and you were able to go outside !! You both had a busy day !!
United Airlines gets my vote for being a very generous business ! Justin and Daniela loved the time with you !
Hope you got your wish for football!
Prayers and positive thoughts continue ! G2G

Anonymous said...

Also glad to hear Cody felt better and you were able to go outside !! You both had a busy day !!
United Airlines gets my vote for being a very generous business ! Justin and Daniela loved the time with you !
Hope you got your wish for football!
Prayers and positive thoughts continue ! G2G