Saturday, December 1, 2007

One more day...

Dr. Shad stopped by late last night. She is very pleased with the way he is progressing but is going to keep him one more day. His liver functions are coming along quite nicely also. She was disappointed that they attempted to give him Benadryl last night and said that they can use Claratin as an alternative.

Last night was my company's Christmas party. I had been really looking forward to going but it seems so unimportant now.

The nurse was just in taking his blood labs this morning. She said that he will be getting whole blood this morning. So, I guess we are going to find out how the Claratin works huh?

I'll write more later...

6 comments:

Monica Cassier said...

Thinking and praying for you all! Your little guy is a fighter!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the Claritin worked better ! I've seen that Benadryl reaction in children a few times. Pretty impressive. Sorry he had to go through that.
Hope our warrior gets to go home tomorrow !! Lots of love and prayers to all of you ! golf2gulf

elizabethnyc said...

Hope today's treatment went well, and the Cody's feeling pretty good. I bet he'll be happy to get home... :-)

Prayers heading your way!

Christi said...

Mickey,
After a few failed attempts of my mom sending me the link to your blog, I finally googled you and found your blog!

I've just caught up on everything that is going on with Cody and wanted to ask where I can help. Right now, I'm praying a lot and I've got some great friends praying with me. If Cody or you or your family needs anything at all, we are here, ready and waiting. Please let me know what we can do. Fundraising? Putting something special together for Cody? Get creative and let me know what we can do to let your son know how important he is to the world.

God bless Mickey!

Anonymous said...

Mickey, Just checking in on Cody and your family! Glad to hear tests are looking good! My thoughts and prayers were with Cody and your family much of yesterday, while running the St. Jude's Half Marathon! Thinking of Cody spurred me on. Ann

Unknown said...

It all sounds good Mickey. Sugar and I are keeping up with the happenings.

Ray & Sugar