Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back at it...

Well today started out with a big shouting match with Daniela. We may have to get her someone to talk to. I know that this is hard on her too. She is trying very to get negative attention and she is doing a pretty good job. Sometimes my parenting skills leave a lot to be desired.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "I'm very lucky to work for such a great company." Not just the company but many of my very close friends that I work with. They have been so supportive during this go around and when it happened the first time. The girls have been great. Lori, Kelly, Lisa, Linda and Susan have been coming over to my house in the afternoon and helping Justin and Daniela with school homework. Others have made dinner and volunteered to do Christmas shopping for my wife and me. My sister-in-law, father-in-law and mother-in-law have got the kids off the bus, made dinner, cleaned the house, washed the clothes and did all the leaves in the yard. Trust me, that is a lot of leaves... :D Thanks to all of you..... I know that my family would love to help but they live all over the U.S. It makes it very hard... I love all of you and wish you lived closer..

Yesterday gives you all a glimpse into our lives. Diane and I try so hard to stay strong but it's hard to do everyday. One reason this is so hard besides the obvious is that none of this is written in stone. Things change everyday and we can't bank on anything. We don't even know that this will work. We can only hope and pray that it does.. Sometimes we just need to cry, shout, scream or just plain shut down. I go to sleep at night with 100s of things on my mind. I'm lucky to make it to 5am without waking up. If I wake up it's usually all over. My mind starts wondering and I can't go back to sleep. Lately I've woken hoping that this has all been a dream. I know, that's sounds so cliche but it's true. I wake up and look next to me hoping that Diane and Cody are in the room but no such luck.

Cody is in pretty good spirits this evening. It's 6:30 pm and he is napping. They will be starting the chemo @ 8pm and he will have to go pee every hour. They don't want this to sit in his bladder too long or it will damage it. They check for blood in his urine during this period. Diane said that he was awake until 2am this morning. It may be another one of those nights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all have such supportive friends and family ! This is hard on everybody, and very hard for kids to understand. Daniela's reaction is normal. Is there an activity that is special just for she and Cody ? Maybe if she felt like she had a special job in all of this she'd feel better. Just a guess. All kids are different.
Many, many prayers for Cody during this new round of chemo. Positive thoughts of the bad cells leaving and Cody getting stronger !!!
You are all so strong !
When you are all rested and well, there's always a place to stay at the beach !! Cody can comb the place for shells !!

Anonymous said...

Just continue to hang in there Mickey. I too am glad that there is such an awesome support system holding all of you up under this heaviness. We all wish we could be closer too, but know that if you need any of us just give a yell and we will get there as quick as we can. We are all praying for everyone of you daily. As for your parenting skills they are just fine. As long as you continue to learn from your kids and hold them every chance you get, you all will get through this together. Love you all, Big Sis

Anonymous said...

So happy you have support. I'll keep you in my prayers and continue to wish I could do more.

Kirk