Friday, January 25, 2008

All is quiet on the home front....

Cody and I had a good day together at home. He is still not eating but he is in pretty good spirits. He and Diane will be making the trip into Georgetown today. We fully expect it to be a long day for them. He will at least need platelets. No news on what is next for the little man. In 3 weeks or so he will get scans again to re-evaluate the size of his tumor. Then we will go from there.

Last night before bed Diane and I had to change the dressing on his lumen. I have to say, "that was the smoothest it has ever went." He was calm and didn't fight us at all. Unfortunately the dressing has to be changed once a week in order to keep it dry and clean. Basically it's just a piece of clear tape that covers the opening where the tube comes out of his chest. If moisture or dirt gets in or around that area we would have big problems. So much so that he would have to have the tube replaced which would take surgery.

I will post this evening to update everyone on the day. Once again I would like to thank all of you for stopping by. It means an awful lot to Diane and I that so many of you care and are praying for Cody and our family. We feel like we are not going through this alone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PICC lines are by far the hardest to keep clean, especially in children. I've had grownups who had to have multiple tube replacements because they just didn't understand the severity of the situation. Way to go Cody for being patient! I know it's hard for him to stay still during his dressing changes. I'm glad to hear things are going smooth for the moment. You guys are always on my mind.

Corie, Mackenzie and Hutson

Anonymous said...

An update on Cody was reported at Tuesday's ACCA-NCC board meeting. Everyone is sending their love and positive thoughts toward Cody and the family.

Hugs to Cody, Pat (ACCA-NCC)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Cody is still cooperating for you. Mickey and Diane we are all here for you. I know for me Cody and ya'll are one of the first things on my mind in the morning and one of the last at night. Prayers for health, appetite, and strength for all.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Glad he cooperated, and happy to hear that you know you are not alone. Please post or let us know if there is anything that y'all need. I'll keep praying.

Anonymous said...

You're never alone, Mick! Continuing to pray! Bless Cody's heart - he's such a trooper!

God bless,

Kate