Saturday, January 19, 2008

One more day to go...

Cody has done pretty good the past few days. He just has one more day of chemo in this session. So tomorrow he will get his chemo at 4:30 and then we will get out of here. I don't want to mention it to him because he will have a meltdown if it doesn't happen when he thinks it is suppose to. He is doing well except for his appetite. He didn't eat anything today until this evening. He ate his trusty old lobster tail. Actually that wasn't as easy as it usually is. It took a lot of child psychology and he almost out smarted me.. :D

I'll be getting up early to run again in the morning and try to stay on track. It's just too easy to get into the habit of saying "I'll do it tomorrow". One of the best things about training for a marathon is it keeps you honest in your training. One of my good running friends from Runners World has recently run the Huston Marathon and he dedicated it to his father who is battling cancer and also Cody. His name is Kirk and here is his picture. Kirk also was very kind and sent us his joggers stroller which we will be able to use in New York when we go up. That way I can put Cody in it and won't have to carry him. I'll also be able to run with him when the weather gets nicer. Thanks Kirk!!1

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to here every thing went well today.Yum!Yum! Sounds good to me,
One day Cody and I will have to have a LOBSTER dinner. Nice thing your friend Kirk did.Thanks from me too. With all this running, you must have friends all over the place.Money we all need but friends
are worth more then all the money in the world. I'll certainly be anxious to hear from you tomorrow.
LOVE TO YOU ALL, MOM & GRANDMA

pwoodyj said...

Hey Bro,
So good to hear that the chemo thing is going well and we hope it continues to do so. We made it here all in one piece and wish you all could be here with us. We think and pray for Cody everyday as well as for you and the family. Lord only knows what you guys are going through. I hope to have some pictures on my sight soon from our trip. Give the little man a big hug and kiss from us.
Love ya. The Washington Johnsons

Anonymous said...

Your welcome. I wish I could do more. Glad to hear the treatment is going well, and I know you are looking forward to getting Cody home again.

Kirk

Anonymous said...

Postive thoughts for Cody being home today after the chemo !
The jogging stroller gift is awesome ! It will make NYC much easier for everyone !
Keep up the running. It helps keep our lives a bit balanced !
Prayers and positive thoughts continue. G2G

Monica Cassier said...

I check your blog everyday... and now why am I craving a lobster tail? :-)
Glad to hear Cody is doing well - I tell you, kids are so resiliant! Kirk ROCKS for sending you that jogging stroller - what a guy!
Hang tough, run as much as you can...
monica

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

Glad to hear everything is going well. The pictures were awesome! Hope everyone is well and enjoy the homecoming. Let us know if you need anything.

The MCs

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear that Cody is doing well with this treatment considering how it started. Kirk don't know ya, but you're awesome. That will be a great gift for them while in NYC. Oh, and Mickey I recognized the pics. Prayers for all.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Mick, Just caught up on your blog. Was thinking about Cody on the way home from church tonight. Thanks for sharing your pictures and ALL your thoughts. Will continue to pray for Cody and your family. Ann

Kentucky USATF said...

Monday Morning- I hope you all are home and settling in until the next step. Good for Kirk and the jogger because now Cody can "train" with you for your next race.

Hugs to all,

Dottie