Monday, January 28, 2008

Back at Georgetown..

Well Cody's temp started to go up again last night. So around 11pm we headed in. They had a room ready for us when we got here. He is in pretty bad shape right now so I'm actually glad to be here. He hasn't eaten much of anything for days so he doesn't have enough energy to walk. He still has diarrhea but doesn't have anything in his stomach to get rid of. They have started a whole spectrum of antibiotics last night. We will be here until at least Friday. He needs to go on IV feeding again. He can't eat and his body has nothing left to use as fuel. If there is any new info I will be sure to update.

Thanks for reading.....

It's 11:30am and we had to give him some morphine. He is having some very bad abdominal pains. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Well it's 4pm and things are not much better. Cody's temp went up to 103.3. We had to give him more morphine and Tylenol. We are also using cold wrags on the head. On the good side he hasn't any diarrhea today "knock on wood".

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mickey,

My heart and any strength I have goes out to you and Diane. I don't know what else to say other than I will be praying to the big guy that Cody gets better soon. Prayers for health and strength for you all.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor sweetheart! Praying for Cody as well as for you and Diane, Mickey! I know this can't be easy on ya'll. But may the God of all creation give you peace and comfort as you go through this trial. The Good Lord WILL bring you through this! Trust and faith :-)

In the mean time, know that this lady is praying for you!!!

Kate P.

Anonymous said...

Mickey and Diane,
I was offline all weekend and am just catching up now, and am sorry to hear Cody's feeling so poorly and so weak.

Prayers for all of you, every day...
ElizabethNYC

Anonymous said...

Mickey & Diane, - Sorry to hear Cody is feeling do bad today. Praying for you all. LOL - Pam

Anonymous said...

The morphine might actually counteract diarrhea. (I think that is one of it's side effects, but in Cody's case it might be a good side effect.) Mickey, I'm hoping real hard for Cody. This disease is so unfair.

Anonymous said...

First time to check in today. I hope he is doing better by now. I'll be checking in as I can. I hope you and Diane are able to rest.

Continues Love, Hope, and Prayers...

Kirk

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mickey and Diane, I am so sorry Cody is feeling so badly. It's a helpless feeling and my heart goes out to you. Think of all or you daily and pray for strength for all of you. Positive thoughts and prayers continue. Love G2G

pwoodyj said...

Hey Bro, Just checking in and hope things get better for the little guy! We check in several times a day and pray all the time. I'm sure there are more people out there that read your blog but just can't find the words to write. We hope you guys know that there are tons of us out here pulling for you guys and not a moment goes by that you and your family are not in our thoughts and prayers. I will try and give you a call sometime this week. Luv ya, Shawn, Kelsey, Alysse & Elijah

Kentucky USATF said...

Praying that the morphine brings some comfort and rest for Cody and he gains some strength from the IV, too.

Dottie

Monica Cassier said...

Praying for the little guy and for you and Diane to keep your strength and hope...
monica

Anonymous said...

Mickey and Diane,

My thoughts are with you all today.
Hope Cody is gaining strength and feeling better.

Eric W.