Monday, January 21, 2008

Good cold Monday morning.....

Well we made it home last night about 7:30. Cody took no time at all settling in with brother and sister. He is such a trooper. If it weren't for the bald head you would have a hard time telling he was sick. "Knock on wood" he is handling this chemo pretty well so far. I take him back in tomorrow for blood work. We don't expect his system to hit rock bottom until later in the week. As long as he eats the doctor is going to give him a break on the IV feeding. He looks good but if he doesn't keep eating he will drop weight again. I guess he will be having more scans in the near future. Dr. Abu-Gosh said his liver still feels good. When they took the biopsy of his liver back at Thanksgiving, it was done about 3 or 4 fingers below his ribcage. Now when she examines his liver she has to feel way up under his ribcage. We still want more tumor shrinkage. Right now the tumor is still very large. It is positioned right on a major blood vessel. That's why they didn't want to do surgery yet. If it doesn't shrink more the surgery becomes very risky. We are praying for that tumor to get smaller..


It felt really good to be home with all the kids again. Even though it gets very hectic and stressful at times, it's home... :D We stayed up until 11:30 because the kids don't have school today. The kids are totally hooked and the newest craze. Webkinz has taken the Johnson house by storm. For those of you who are not hip, Webkinz are kinda like Beanie Babies but with a twist. Does anyone say "hip" anymore? LOL! Each of these animals has code that you enter on the Webkinz website. Once there, you feed, play games and take care of your pet. I have to thank Cheryl for this. She bought the kids their first and now the whole family is hooked. It is so bad that when I was at the little gift shop getting Cody a soda yesterday I noticed the Webkinz in the shop. There they had a little monkey. Well being the "Deck Ape" that I am I couldn't pass it up. :) I know, I know, I'm a geek, but it adds a little special bond between the kids and us. Diane has one also. She is much more advanced in Webkinzology than me. Anyway, I will post a picture of the little Deck Ape later this evening. :)

How sad is this, a grown man writing about his stuffed animal?




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's home. Mac is still sick. She sounds like a 50 year old smoker, poor thing. I'm hoping it's not croup, but I think it is. How is everyone else holding up? Call me if you need me....


Corie

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad to hear that he is home. If he keeps eating lobster tail then he'll won't be loosing any weight. Enjoy the time together with all the kids!

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

I'll bet it is good to be home. I can just see you playing with your Webkinz. Hope you have the day off to enjoy with the kids.

Kirk

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Cody is home and making progress. My dd is up to 32 Webkinz now! Latest one is a frog and it's my favorite. Of course the older dd taunts her by taking away her Webkinz. Ugh. : -)

Greg

pwoodyj said...

Hey Bro, Ah Webkinz! The kids are crazy for these also. Alysse has 10of them and would buy them all if she could. Elijah has 2 or 3 and likes his Nintendo DS more. I have to kick Alysse off the Webkinz site all the time.
Glad to hear that you guys are home. We are home bodies also. Continued prayers on the tumor shrinkage! Hugs and kisses to the brave little mam.

Anonymous said...

Well, I can tell my kids are older. No Webkinz here, but I was an enabler in the days of the beanie babies !! So, I'm glad you got the "ape"!!
Hope Cody keeps his appetite and does well this week.
Positive thoughts and prayers for tumor shrinkage and increased weight on Cody !!

elizabethnyc said...

Mickey and Diane,
Glad to hear things are going smoothly w/ Cody's treatment, and that y'all are having some nice relaxed time to hang out as a family!

Keep us all posted on the trip to NYC - I'm there next weekend (26-27Jan) for a race, and am meeting up w/ MySol (Greg) beforehand too.

Hugs to all!
ElizabethNYC