Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fever still high.....

I just talked to Diane and she said that Cody's fever is still very high. They just gave him Tylenol and his temp is @ 103.7. He's had Morphine this morning also for his stomach pain. On a good note he has not had a BM since Sunday night. You may think that isn't good news but since he's been having diarrhea we are glad that has stopped. I think he is starting to turn the corner on this latest chemo treatment. Now we are hoping they get the right antibiotic soon. These high temps are not good.

I'll write more later...


Well it's 7pm here and things are starting to look a little better. "Knock on wood!" Cody's temp has been down since this afternoon. They started to give him "the big gun", Vancomycin. This the one that when it's given to him too quickly he's gets what is called "Red Man's Syndrome." They have started to administer it over a much longer time. They took him down for scans today because they started to worry that he may have blockage or swollen intestines. He continues to have abdominal pains and needs Morphine to help relieve the pain. His scans came back negative and the doctor is pleased with her exam of his tummy. His blood counts are very low so we will be here until his system recovers and he stays fever free.

Thanks for stopping by.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still checking in and praying. Good to hear that he may be turning the corner on this chemo. Praying for strength for all...

Kirk

Kentucky USATF said...

OK- so that's one hurdle (diarrhea) he's over- now we keep praying the fever breaks so he can gain some strength.

Prayers, hugs and whatever it takes,


Dottie

Anonymous said...

Believe me,you guys are on my mind
all day long, and on a lot of other
peoples too. I just don't know how
you do it. I keep checking often.
I will check in later. GOD bless you all.
LOVE YOU ALL,
MOM

Anonymous said...

Mickey & Diane,
Although I don't always leave a note, I continue to check your blog daily. Know that you guys are never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers. Thank you for continuing to write in your blog; I can imagine some days are tougher to write about than others. You and Diane are doing an amazing job; I have always admired you strength and courage. You know Cody has a special place in my heart. I hope his fevers break soon and he will begin to feel better. I miss you guys. Sending big hugs and lots of love and prayers your way,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Mickey,

Glad to hear that maybe things are taking a turn for the better during this round. Continued prayers and thoughts for strength and health.

Susan and Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Hope the corner has been turned and the temp has decreased this evening. Prayers and positive thoughts continue. G2G

Kati Craig Forholt said...

Love and prayers for Cody

--Kati

Anonymous said...

just checking in also. And always praying for my nephew, he tough little guy. We're praying for all of you guys thinking about ya.

The Jacksons

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the frequent updates, Mickey, and so glad Cody seems to be making some headway.

We're with you and Diane in prayer; virtual hugs to Cody, Justin and Daniela too...

ElizabethNYC